Now that’s not to say that I don’t like the Plum and Thyme recipe I created, it just means that I prefer the tartness of this one over the sweetness of the other. I am a sour candy type of girl, so it’s a no-brainer that I would gravitate towards this sweet and tart concoction! The sage pairs perfectly with the freshness of the citrus and the prosecco from Luna Nuda adds a nice effervescence that tingles your nose as you take a sip! A truly revitalizing fall cocktail, you’ll be mixing it all season long.
- 1 large grapefruit, juiced
- 1/2 lime juiced and the other half sliced
- 1 ounce sage simple syrup* (1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar)
- 8 ounces Luna Nuda Prosecco
- * Directions for sage simple syrup below
- In a saucepan, dissolve your sugar and water together over medium high heat to make the simple syrup. When dissolved, remove from heat and put 5 stalks of sage in the pan, let steep for 30 minutes.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the grapefruit and lime juice with the sage simple syrup. Shake lightly and then transfer the contents to a small rocks glass.
- Fill the rocks glass with prosecco and then garnish with a small lime wedge and fresh sage.
PSST! You’ll need the items below to make this recipe! Good news is most of it is 20% off with code EOTS17.