I remember the first time I tried Israeli Couscous a couple of years ago and how much I had loved its texture and the way it soaked up the sauce of the fish that accompanied it. Now I find myself adding pearled couscous every time I go on a shelf staple refresh to the grocery store and have just the perfect recipe for you to add to your wheelhouse: The Mediterranean Israeli Couscous Salad.
This recipe is super easy to whip up and very tasty. It’s perfect served both hot and cold and can accommodate all seasons.
- 1 package Israeli (or Pearl) couscous prepared according to the packages directions
- 2/3 cup mini heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Once you've prepared the Israeli couscous according to the package directions, combine all ingredients but the feta cheese in a medium sized bowl and toss together.
- Transfer into your serving dish of choice and sprinkle on the feta cheese over the top.
Perfect for lunch or a side to a light dinner, you’ll have no trouble disposing of this recipe amongst yourself or a crowd. We served this with Moules Marinieres, find the original post here.