Is there anything more necessary to summertime than a big bowl of potato salad? I’m going to go with no. Like most potato salads this was crafted from leftover roasted potatoes and inspired by a backyard gathering we had at the end of May with my family. I was tired of the hyper-mayonnaised creations of years past, so with some fresh dill in mind, I set off on a culinary adventure that landed me on a summery and fresh potato salad recipe.
This year I’ve been opting for fresh herbs over the jarred seasonings I’d grown accustomed to in years past. My infatuation even drove me to finally plant my own windowsill herb garden which is constantly stocked with my favorite herbs for quick cooking access. The dill was the perfect touch to this potato salad, lending an almost refreshing and cooling touch on that warm evening.
Quick to whip up and quicker to eat, you’ll want to put this on your summer side dish list.
Shop the Story << Use Left and Right Arrows to Explore >>
- 1 lb of leftover roasted potatoes (I used fingerling tossed with olive oil and rosemary)
- 1/3 cup of tahini
- 1 1/2 of a lemon juiced
- 1/3 of a lemon zested
- 3 large pieces of fresh dill, minced
- 2 TBSP of water
- 1 TBSP of dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP of mayonnaise
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- If you don't have leftover potatoes from a previous meal, quarter your potatoes and toss in olive oil, salt, pepper and dried rosemary and bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes. Let cool completely before moving onto the next step.
- In a large bowl, toss together the tahini, lemon juice and zest, water, dijon, mayonnaise, and garlic. You want to combine these ingredients so that it has a nice runny consistency. At this point I recommend you tasting the liquid and if it isn't creamy enough for you, add another tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Add in dill and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in potatoes and toss to combine, being careful not to damage the potatoes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Recipe created by Cynthia Hoyt for @darlingdownsouth